As a dental professional, choosing a dental practice management software for your dental practice is a significant task. You want to ensure that the selected software solution is cost-effective, is going to make the lives of you and your staff easier, will save you time on mundane tasks; giving you more time to interact with patients, and essentially, will allow you to work efficiently and effectively.
ADSTRA Dental Software is focused on providing its users high quality product and services and was specifically designed to satisfy all these core requirements.
ADSTRA Dental Software has been chosen by numerous dental offices because it is:
- Trusted Solution: ADSTRA Dental Software has been used by new as well as established dental practices since 1994. For more than 20 years, the Canadian Forces Dental Health Services has been using ADSTRA Dental Software in their state-of-the-art health care information system that helps provide high quality oral care
- Flexible and Scalable: ADSTRA is a leading software developer that provides an integrated dental software solution which has an intuitive, user-friendly interface with tools for managing all aspects of patient care with both on-premise and cloud-based options for dental clinics with multiple locations, as well as individual practices
- Financially Efficient: ADSTRA Dental Software is a cost-effective, all-in-one solution for managing your dental practice, with no hidden fees, small up-front costs, affordable monthly fees, no cancellation fees, and no long-term contracts
- All-Inclusive Solution: ADSTRA Premium subscription includes the ADSTRA Management, ADSTRA Clinical and ADSTRA Imaging modules and covers installation, configuration, initial training, upgrades, training for new features and staff as well as unlimited support
- Secure and Private: ADSTRA Cloud has advanced privacy and security features, and is hosted on the enterprise-grade cloud computing platform – Microsoft Azure
- Paperless System: ADSTRA Dental Software is a fully integrated solution that provides you the means to computerize all aspects of patient information, resulting in increased efficiency, case acceptance, and new patients
- SMS Integration: Automatic and personalized SMS appointment confirmations and reminders with COVID screening forms can be sent to patients allowing them to confirm their appointments from their cell phone
- Numerous Devices: ADSTRA Imaging integrates with imaging devices from multiple manufacturers, giving you the freedom to choose
- Continuous Improvement: ADSTRA Dental Software offers a best-in-class solution due to continuous product development, and implementation of enhancements suggested by users
ADSTRA strives to provide the optimal practice management software solution for your dental practice, with a financially efficient, all-inclusive, secure and private software suite that is continuously improving.
To get started on making ADSTRA the solution for your practice, contact us today to book a no obligation demo for ADSTRA Dental Software!
When speaking with an office administrator or dental office owner about being a paperless dental office, one of the first questions I ask is “What does being a paperless dental office mean for you?”. With this concept having been around for years, many dental offices in today’s day-and-age are becoming paperless from the get-go or making the switch as they see the numerous advantages such a solution provides.
But what does being a “paperless dental office” really mean?
A paperless dental office is simply one in which the use of paper is eliminated, or greatly reduced, by converting existing information contained on paper into a digital format. In dentistry, this means being “chartless.” Essentially, while paper documents could still be used for some instances such as outside communication and information shared (incoming and outgoing), the majority of patient information including charts, images, and treatment plans are stored digitally.
“Going paperless is a process, not an event.”
Becoming a paperless dental office is not something that can be done overnight; it takes time to convert paper files, but with the right dental software provider such as ADSTRA, it will be easy to do. Additionally, setting targets and taking the steps necessary to reach each milestone is a way to keep the process on track and your expectations achievable.
Switching to digital charting, clinical notes, and emailing patients various type of documents from appointment reminders to bills, to claims and financial statements – are all changes that can be made when converting to a paperless dental office. However, to ensure the transition is smooth and that you are optimizing your dental software to best suit your new paperless dental office, make sure your dental software provider is supporting you with adequate training along the way, which is something ADSTRA excels at doing for their users.
In deciding to make the switch, take a moment to analyze your current business processes to determine what you are storing digitally and which processes you are still resorting to paper for.
Here is a list of the most common dental office processes:
For those paper-based processes, verify whether they can be completed through your current dental software. If your software does have any of these capabilities, arrange some training and take the first steps to become a paperless dental office.
If your software does not have the capabilities you are looking for, it may be time to make a switch to another software provider such as ADSTRA Dental Software which offers both an on-premise as well as a cloud-based solution that will meet and exceed your expectations for becoming a paperless dental office, as well as help take the stress out of this process.
With ADSTRA it is possible to send Email and SMS appointment confirmations and reminders to patients, convert documents that come in, store them electronically by patient, as well as do all of the dental office processes listed above, providing a convenient solution for your paperless dental office needs.
Being a paperless dental office is the way of the future. Several advantages come from implementing and converting to such a solution. With this, take the steps to become a paperless dental office by using ADSTRA in your practice!
Box the last of your charts and documents. Truly utilize your paperless dental office!
Freeing your front-desk staffs time from tedious tasks, such as inputting patient information from paper forms, is just one of the many benefits of creating a paperless dental practice.
An often-overlooked hurdle to going paperless is the multitude of different forms that a dental practice needs, not only to provide a great service to its patients – but to comply with all applicable professional regulations and to protect itself from any legal action.
ADSTRA dental software includes ADSTRA iForms, an easy-to-use digital document software solution with the capability to:
- Create digital forms that can be filled out on tablets
- Modify and verify digital forms
- Organize the digital forms by group/type
- Store the digital forms within each patients file
How Does ADSTRA iForms Work?
Step One: Form Creation
Create custom forms tailored to your dental practice’s needs in the Forms Template builder within ADSTRA iForms. The Forms Template builder uses a building block approach that enables a dental practice to create any type of form required.
The builder allows the dental practice to include different types of content onto a form such as: plain text, a question that will capture a written response, a Yes or No question with an option to also capture a text response, a multiple-choice question, the ability capture phone numbers and/or dates, and finally a place to capture signatures.
Step Two: Form Management
Organization of the forms you’ve created is essential in developing a seamless workflow. The Forms Manager within ADSTRA iForms is used to assign single or a group of forms created in the Forms Template builder to patients to be filled out. A mobile device can then be given to the patients, on which they will open and fill-out their required forms*.
Once the patient has completed their part by filling out all of the necessary information on the forms, the dental practice will review the submitted forms.
The Forms Manager allows the reviewer to:
- Accept and save the form as a document in the patient’s file
- Keep the form active if a provider is required to fill-out additional information (after which they will save it to the patient’s file)
- Directly make edits and then save to the patient’s file
- Give the form back to the patient to make any additional changes after speaking with the patient – then review and save to the patient’s file
When the forms contain critical medical information, and this information could be relevant to the dental treatment record, just keeping a document copy in the patient file isn’t enough. That is why when using ADSTRA iForms, it is also possible for a form to automatically be saved in the patient’s Clinical Notes. This gives the provider an easier access to vital patient information when treating a patient.
ADSTRA iForms is just one more reason why dental practices who wish to go paperless should look at the ADSTRA dental software solution to help them accomplish this (sometimes thought of daunting) task.
* For forms that require entering a lot of text, we recommend a device that has a keyboard attachment.
ADSTRA Systems Inc.
55 St. Clair Ave. W
Toronto, ON M4V 2Y7