Top 5 Features to Look for in a Dental Practice Management Software/in Financial Efficiency, Uncategorized /by Xena Tavares
How your ADSTRA Dental Software Helps Increase Revenue/in Financial Efficiency /by Jennifer Decan
As a dentist, you strive to provide the highest quality of care to your patients. By doing so, you increase their trust and loyalty in you and your practice; helping your practice thrive in the long run. While providing such a high level of care to your patients, you also want to maximize the revenue coming into your dental practice.
ADSTRA Dental Software can help further increase your practices efficiency and overall revenue by giving you valuable information:
Turn cancellations into new appointments
As we know, cancellations are inevitable, unpredictable and unpreventable. However – by developing a short-call list, you can make them work in your favour. Developing a short-call list allows you to contact the patients that match the type of treatment required or block of time needed in priority order to fill the cancellation spots on your schedule as quickly as possible.
More appointments means increased revenue for your dental practice, – the ultimate goal.
Make it easy for patients to confirm appointments
With ADSTRA Confirmations, you can save your front desk staff’s time and energy from having to manually confirm your patient’s dental appointments. By sending automatic individual or group SMS and/or Email appointment confirmations and reminders to your patients, you’ll be able to get in instant contact with them and hopefully fill the gaps in your schedule.
Additionally, when your patients confirm their appointments via SMS, the schedule will be automatically updated. This eliminates the need for your staff to manually update the schedule, as well as call patients’ multiple times for appointment confirmations, giving them more time to provide exceptional service to your patients.
Drive growth by making changes based on current performance
With over 130 different reports and charts that can be generated in ADSTRA Management, on all aspects of your practice and viewed at a glance, you can not only grow your dental practice, but also improve the financial efficiency of your practice. By pulling these different reports you will be able to see which procedures generate the most profit, and thus focus your energy on acquiring patients that require these procedures.
There is always room for improvement in one’s business workflow. You can generate reports that can help you identify which areas of your dental practice need improvement, for example – pull a report in which you compare each providers production. See the profit coming from each provider, and use that information to implement best practices throughout the whole dental office.
You’ve invested time, energy, and resources in your dental software – now let it help grow your practice, and maximize the revenue coming in to your dental practice.
Contact ADSTRA to learn more.
Why Choose ADSTRA Dental Software?/2 Comments/in Cloud Security, Financial Efficiency, Paperless Records, Patient Communication, SMS Confirmations /by Jennifer Decan
As a dental professional, choosing a dental practice management software for your dental practice is a significant task. You want to ensure that the selected software solution is cost-effective, is going to make the lives of you and your staff easier, will save you time on mundane tasks; giving you more time to interact with patients, and essentially, will allow you to work efficiently and effectively.
ADSTRA Dental Software is focused on providing its users high quality product and services and was specifically designed to satisfy all these core requirements.
ADSTRA Dental Software has been chosen by numerous dental offices because it is:
- Trusted Solution: ADSTRA Dental Software has been used by new as well as established dental practices since 1994. For more than 20 years, the Canadian Forces Dental Health Services has been using ADSTRA Dental Software in their state-of-the-art health care information system that helps provide high quality oral care
- Flexible and Scalable: ADSTRA is a leading software developer that provides an integrated dental software solution which has an intuitive, user-friendly interface with tools for managing all aspects of patient care with both on-premise and cloud-based options for dental clinics with multiple locations, as well as individual practices
- Financially Efficient: ADSTRA Dental Software is a cost-effective, all-in-one solution for managing your dental practice, with no hidden fees, small up-front costs, affordable monthly fees, no cancellation fees, and no long-term contracts
- All-Inclusive Solution: ADSTRA Premium subscription includes the ADSTRA Management, ADSTRA Clinical and ADSTRA Imaging modules and covers installation, configuration, initial training, upgrades, training for new features and staff as well as unlimited support
- Secure and Private: ADSTRA Cloud has advanced privacy and security features, and is hosted on the enterprise-grade cloud computing platform – Microsoft Azure
- Paperless System: ADSTRA Dental Software is a fully integrated solution that provides you the means to computerize all aspects of patient information, resulting in increased efficiency, case acceptance, and new patients
- SMS Integration: Automatic and personalized SMS appointment confirmations and reminders with COVID screening forms can be sent to patients allowing them to confirm their appointments from their cell phone
- Numerous Devices: ADSTRA Imaging integrates with imaging devices from multiple manufacturers, giving you the freedom to choose
- Continuous Improvement: ADSTRA Dental Software offers a best-in-class solution due to continuous product development, and implementation of enhancements suggested by users
ADSTRA strives to provide the optimal practice management software solution for your dental practice, with a financially efficient, all-inclusive, secure and private software suite that is continuously improving.
To get started on making ADSTRA the solution for your practice, contact us today to book a no obligation demo for ADSTRA Dental Software!
ADSTRA Dental Software: Management Tools for Dental Practices/in Financial Efficiency /by Xena Tavares
How Practice Management Software Makes Recall Management Easy/in Financial Efficiency /by Xena Tavares
How Your Dental Practice Management Software Can Help You During a Pandemic/in Financial Efficiency, Paperless Records /by Xena Tavares
Four Ways ADSTRA Dental Software Works Well For Both Denturists and Hygienists/in Financial Efficiency, Paperless Records, Patient Communication, SMS Confirmations /by Xena Tavares
How ADSTRA Clinical Can Help Your Practice Grow/in Financial Efficiency /by Jennifer Decan
Anyone who has seen a prescription from their doctor, or hand-written dental charts while at their dental appointment can agree – these are some of the most difficult notes to read, unless you are the one who wrote them. When it comes to dental charts, for the most part, dental offices will attempt to implement standard notations, which results in varying degrees of success. In small dental clinics, over time staff members will become familiar with each practitioner’s writing style, however – what happens when there is a turnover in staff? Your dental clinic is back to square one, struggling to read the dental charts.
Within ADSTRA Dental Software, there is the ADSTRA Clinical module. In ADSTRA Clinical, the standard symbols used are clear and easy to read for everyone. This makes it easier for any provider or staff member to read the dental charts and notes created for all patients.
One of the main features within ADSTRA Clinical is the ability to view a patient’s progress over time. The information from the most recent charts can be carried forward on each subsequent chart in their file. Multiple charts can even be opened at the same time, allowing pockets and recessions to be represented graphically within ADSTRA Clinical.
Users are able to set their own preferences for general charts, periodontal charts, restoration materials, connection between procedures, and tools within ADSTRA Clinical. Working seamlessly with ADSTRA Management – ADSTRA Clinical allows dental providers to create dental treatment plans, and dental treatment plan charts, that are automatically linked to the treatment and treatment plan logs of each patient.
Here are just a few of the other features available within ADSTRA Clinical:
- Dental charts can be created for examinations, completed treatment, and planned treatment.
- The endodontic charting includes tools for mapping root canal treatments and conditions of treated root canals.
- The periodontal charting includes management of measurements for pocket depths, suppuration, plaque and bleeding, gingival recession, furcation, mobility, and MAG.
- A number of reports, or the whole chart as you see it on your screen, can be printed.
- Clinical Notes that are signature protected, with customizable templates and a medical spell-checker.
ADSTRA Clinical not only helps you standardize your clinical charts, which cuts down on the learning curve for new hires, as well as the time spent deciphering each practitioner’s notes – but it is also a crucial step towards making your dental clinic paperless. By being able to define exam templates and incorporate them into their patient’s charts, ADSTRA Clinical also offers dental providers an easy to use, and read, solution to creating your paperless dental clinic.
ADSTRA Clinical, combined with the other modules in the ADSTRA Dental Software suite of products, is the ideal solution to helping your practice grow, increase revenue, and be the most successful that it can be.
Getting a Bigger Bang for your Buck with your Dental Software/1 Comment/in Financial Efficiency /by Jennifer Decan
“There’s gold in them thar hills, boys” is a phrase attributed to one of Mark Twain’s characters. In California during its “Gold Rush” period, Twain kept hearing a story from the miners who had come from Georgia. It seems in an attempt to keep the miners in Georgia an assayer of the Dahlonega Mint in Dahlonega, Georgia stood in the town square and proclaimed “Why go to California? In that ridge (as he pointed to the hills surrounding Dahlonega) lies more gold than man ever dreamt of. There’s millions in it.” Now, whether Twain used a writer’s license and deliberately changed the original quote or it was misquoted to him from the beginning makes no difference to the topic at hand. Both, Twain’s quote and the origins for it apply in getting more out of your dental software.
Beneath the routine day to day tasks of billing, scheduling appointments and providing daily reports, lies informational gold. This information allows your office to provide your patients with superior service which in turn strengthens your relationship with them. Stronger relationships mean more referrals and an increase in revenue. Your software should be able to track these referrals and remind you to thank your patients for them. Even better your software should offer you a means to send out these thank you notes either by mail or e-mail.
Other ways that your dental software can help automate your office and help provide better service thereby increasing your revenue:
- Following up on uncompleted treatment and unscheduled treatments for which predeterminations have been completed
- Tracking and reminding the front desk personnel of cancelled appointments which have not been rescheduled
- Providing reminders of recall appointments whether scheduled or not
- Confirmation of upcoming appointments either by phone, email or text message
- Tracking insurance benefits so as to be in a position to provide treatment reminders at appropriate times for your patients’ financial benefit
- Keeping track of patients with open treatment plans but no appointments
- Generating a list of patients with balances over 60 days old
- Sending welcome packages to new patients and birthday wishes to existing ones
- Sorting patients’ names by relevant information such as employer, date of last treatment, or type of treatment required
In addition to providing you with more revenue through tracking and providing reminders for cancelled and missed appointments, unscheduled recall and predeterminations, as well as increased patient referral, integration of your dental software will reduce administrative errors and provide greater management control with fewer front desk hours.
There is an axiom in software development called the 90/10 rule and it stands for 90% of any software users will only ever use 10% of the software’s capabilities. Although the percentage may vary from software to software, I have found this axiom to be quite true. Even in software as specialized as dental software, I have noticed that most offices do not take full advantage of most of what their dental software has to offer. After learning the basics of entering patient information, billing and booking appointments they get caught up in the day to day operations. They will not take the time to look into other ways that the software can help them not only manage their current patients but get new ones.
Remember to look for the potential untapped value that your software can bring to your dental practice, and find the gold laying just beneath the surface.
ADSTRA Systems Inc.
55 St. Clair Ave. W
Toronto, ON M4V 2Y7